Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Man, I've been feeling so lucky lately I should buy a lottery ticket! I remind myself of the things I'm thankful for almost daily, usually as I'm waking up and thinking about how nice and comfortable my bed is and that it's in this really safe, good house; then I think about all the other things I'm fortunate for. . . I have amazing friends, all of them kind and smart and funny; I can't believe how amazing they are. I have a great Dad. He's also one of the kindest, smartest, funniest people I know and we are having the best time hanging out together this week! So nice to have finally grown out of that young-adult-frustrated-with-your-parents stage where you butt heads and stuff. We really understand each other and get along so well and he's such a unique person that I feel so lucky to know him and have been raised by him. He really sacrificed a lot to raise me all by himself, plus he can design/build/fix anything on the planet!

And the rest of my family's pretty great too! (with a few exceptions, hehe)

Other things on my list are:

*Bicycle, and Portland's Bicycling culture
*Gainful Employment!
*Baking (especially Tassajara Bread)
*Cat, she's funny and doesn't pee on stuff
*Large computer monitor
*My new storm door
*Books, libraries, librarians
*Social workers
*Music and karaoke
*Carl Sagan
*Squirrels
*Homegrown produce
*Winter Squash
*Hand embroidered wool slippers from Poland
*Fancy underwear on sale at Marshall's
*Iced green tea
*SAS shoes
*Flannel sheets

I could go on for a while longer, but I have a pie to bake!

Hope you're all having a great Thanksgiving! I'm also thankful that all of you seem so happy and safe and well this year too!

No comments: